Henriquez Partners Architects is a Vancouver based boutique design studio that excels at complex mixed-use projects that aspire to integrate poetics and ethics to create inclusive communities. Our mission is grounded in the optimistic belief that architects have a meaningful role in the creation of citizen cities.
Recognized as a “Design Firm to Watch” on Architizer’s A+List for the second year running, we are now looking to expand our team with a Communications & Business Development Manager. As a visionary storyteller you have a desire to share and incite dialogue on meaningful issues – you are passionate about architecture, and its potential to positively impact liveable, sustainable and inclusive communities. You are also eager to contribute across a wide breadth of communications, marketing and business development initiatives.
For the ideal candidate – we offer flexible remote working abilities from within Canada and globally..
COMMUNICATIONS & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
This new role is a strategic yet hands on position with an expectation to execute and produce on a daily basis. Your aspirations and knowledge of urban matters and engaged communities will guide and narrate engaging copy across all platforms and toward collateral development. You will represent Henriquez for external communications and act as a liaison with Public Relations firms for business development initiatives. Your strategic and insightful communication skills and experience will increase the studio’s visibility and reach nationally and internationally. This is an extraordinary opportunity to share ideas globally about the potential of architecture to meaningfully shape greater civic engagement and to build inclusive communities – where all belong.
With experience in both Communications & Business Development, you are a dynamic and thoughtful communicator and relationship builder with a knowledge and passion for urban issues and architecture. As part of the management team, you will work closely with the Managing Principal and our external PR team for strategy, while working collaboratively on strategy execution with the Principals, Director of Visual Communications and other team members. As an ambassador of Henriquez Partners, you are responsible for telling and sharing our stories to the world – in the hopes of inspiring dialogue on meaningful issues, showcasing our work within a larger context and to share our experiences with others wishing to do good in the world. You are also responsible for developing our communications plan that include concrete goals, identifying key issues, and setting objectives and tactics for the studio. As a thought leader in the field of architecture and urban planning, you will help identify prospective clients related to RFPs / RFI for development opportunities and will be responsible for leading the RFP / RFI process. You have a minimum of 7+ years of experience in communications, media relations, journalism and business development and have ideally worked with a design-oriented architecture studio.
Excellence at Henriquez means…
- You approach situations with innovation and creativity.
- You understand the importance of details but are also a visionary.
- You rise to challenges and view them as opportunities and motivation.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and focus on the path forward.
- You wonder about the future of Architecture and are eager to make an impact.
- You are a self-starter who also thrives in a collaborative work environment.
- You are naturally curious and ask questions to continually learn and develop.
Required Skills / Experience / Qualifications
- 7+ years communications experience in the field of architecture, urban planning, art, history, or equivalent.
- Master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related discipline. Undergraduate degree in Art, Architecture History or equivalent preferred.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with an innate ability story-tell (sample writing portfolio required).
- Experience with RFPs, RFQs and EOIs in both the Private and Public Sector.
- Meaningful understanding of the development process and proformas.
- Understanding of Public Sector protocols for funding, approvals and procurement process.
- Experience in preparing presentations for clients, public hearings, community meetings and conferences.
- Ability to develop presentations, proposals, graphics / visual aids, and leave-behind packages for various business development pursuits and Communications initiatives.
- Expertise in copy and content writing for various platforms and collateral such as social media, traditional media, press releases, award submissions, website copy, blogs, and competitions.
- Talent to both lead and contribute to marketing and brand messaging strategies.
- High emotional intelligence, people skills and networking ability.
- Expert in social media platforms and tools such as Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, HootSuite and Google Analytics.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, Adobe Creative apps, WordPress and other similar web management tools.
IS THIS YOU?
To learn more about our studio we encourage you to visit our website and if you are interested, please submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio through the form below.
Thank you in advance for your response, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.