Henriquez Partners Architects is a Vancouver based boutique design studio that excels at complex mixed-use projects that aspire to integrate poetics and ethics to create inclusive communities. Our mission is grounded in the optimistic belief that architects have a meaningful role in the creation of citizen cities.
Recognized as a “Design Firm to Watch” on Architizer’s A+List for the second year running, we are now looking to expand our team with an Executive Assistant to the Managing Principal.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE MANAGING PRINCIPAL
As an Executive Assistant at Henriquez Partners, you are a dedicated and highly motivated individual who is willing to go the extra mile to support the Managing Principal and deliver quality and timely results. You are articulate, organized, and detailed oriented with an ability to prioritize and multitask tasks while having a grasp of the big picture. Your exceptional communication skills and strong sense of urgency will help you thrive in our studio’s collaborative and fast-paced environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Schedule and maintain the Managing Principal’s busy calendar including meeting coordination, liaising with team members to identify materials required, and reviewing and preparing materials.
- Attend internal and external project meetings where the Managing Principal is present.
- Keep meeting minutes, documentation of key items, major milestones, and project schedules associated with and/or resulting from the Managing Principal’s project meetings; coordinate print and digital materials for meetings.
- Creation and/or maintenance of systems such as project matrixes, binders, and PM tools such that projects can be viewed, updated and tracked easily.
- Write and edit correspondence including letters, transmittals and emails.
- Handle sensitive and confidential business and personal information.
- Maintain a well-organized filing system that permits easy reference and rapid retrieval of information.
- Assist with the organization of social events for the office.
- Answer and screen phone calls.
- Coordinate office and personal travel arrangements.
- Track and input educational credits.
- Liaise with Personal Assistant for personal schedule and monitoring conflicts.
- Perform a variety of personal tasks including coordination with PA regarding the children’s schedules, act as landlord liaison for various rental properties, coordinate and book personal appointments, etc.
- Hours will be above and beyond regular work hours to match Managing Principal’s schedule.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Undergraduate University Degree required.
- Natural problem solver with an assertive, proactive and resilient approach.
- Exceptional people skills and the ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Presentable, personable, and friendly disposition.
- Well-developed professional oral and written communication skills.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License a must.
IS THIS YOU?
To learn more about our studio we encourage you to visit our website and if you are interested, please submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio through the form below.
Thank you in advance for your response, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.