Henriquez Partners Architects is a boutique design studio which excels at complex mixed-use projects that integrate ethics and aesthetics. Our mission is grounded in the optimistic belief that architects have a meaningful role to play in the creation of ‘citizen cities’; thriving inclusive communities that embrace diversity and address the needs of all parts of society.
We are a mid-sized studio with a collaborative, diverse and talented team of 60+ individuals from over 25 countries. We are values-driven with a supportive, dynamic studio culture which has garnered us recognition as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in 2020 and we have been named one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates in 2022 for the last 4 consecutive years.
Recognized as a “Design Firm to Watch” on Architizer’s A+ list, our projects have received over 70 awards and we were honoured to exhibit at the 2021 ECC Venice Biennale.
We are looking for Intermediate Designers / Architects with 5 – 10 years of experience. The ideal candidate is a professional with exceptional creativity and superb technical knowledge. The ideal candidate will also have experience designing diverse building types, and have rezoning, development permit, contract document, and contract administration experience. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in any of the following areas: mixed use commercial/residential, commercial office tower, market & non-market housing and institutional.
Excellence at Henriquez Means…
- You approach situations with innovation and creativity.
- You understand the importance of details but are also a visionary.
- You rise to challenges and view them as opportunities and motivation.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and focus on the path forward.
- You wonder about the future of architecture and are eager to make an impact.
- You are a self-starter who also thrives in a collaborative work environment.
- You are naturally curious and ask questions to continually learn and develop.
- Work under the supervision of the Project Manager to ensure designs support project goals.
- Execute designs following Henriquez Partners’ level of standards.
- Consistently create high-quality designs in both schematic and conceptual phases.
- Work within project schedules to meet critical deadlines.
- Readiness to complete other duties as assigned.
Required Skills / Experience / Qualifications
- Strong building science and technical skills.
- Exemplary design skills.
- Strong Revit, VectorWorks, SketchUp, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator skills are required, other BIM tools are an asset.
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and excellent communication and leadership skills.
- A proven track record of maintaining high quality standards while working to tight deadlines.
- Canadian, local Vancouver or surrounding experience.
- A Bachelor of Architecture; Master of Architecture is preferred.
- Applicants must be registered with the AIBC, or eligible to be registered in the province of British Columbia. LEED AP is an asset.
WELCOMING THE FINEST TALENT
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. Please submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio through the form below.
Thank you in advance for your response, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.