We are looking for Designers / Architects with approximately 10 years of experience. The ideal candidate is a professional with exceptional creativity and superb technical knowledge. The ideal candidate will also have experience designing diverse building types, and have rezoning, development permit, contract document, and contract administration experience. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in any of the following areas: mixed use commercial/residential, commercial office tower, market & non-market housing and institutional.
- Work under the supervision of the Project Manager to ensure designs support project goals.
- Execute designs following Henriquez Partners’ level of standards.
- Consistently create high-quality designs in both schematic and conceptual phases.
- Work within project schedules to meet critical deadlines.
- Readiness to complete other duties as assigned.
Required Skills / Experience / Qualifications
- Strong building science and technical skills.
- Exemplary design skills.
- Revit, VectorWorks, SketchUp, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator skills are required, other BIM tools are an asset.
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and excellent communication and leadership skills.
- A proven track record of maintaining high quality standards while working to tight deadlines.
- Canadian, local Vancouver or surrounding experience.
- A Bachelor of Architecture; Master of Architecture is preferred.
- Applicants must be registered with the AIBC, or eligible to be registered in the province of British Columbia. LEED AP is an asset.