Henriquez Partners Architects is a boutique design studio which excels at complex mixed-use projects that integrate ethics and aesthetics. Our mission is grounded in the optimistic belief that architects have a meaningful role to play in the creation of ‘citizen cities’; thriving inclusive communities that embrace diversity and address the needs of all parts of society.
We are a mid-sized studio with a collaborative, diverse and talented team of 60+ individuals from over 25 countries. We are values-driven with a supportive, dynamic studio culture which has garnered us recognition as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in 2020 and we have been named one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates in 2022 for the last 4 consecutive years.
Recognized as a “Design Firm to Watch” on Architizer’s A+ list, our projects have received over 70 awards and we were honoured to exhibit at the 2021 ECC Venice Biennale.
We are now looking to expand our team with a talented Model Maker!
We are looking for a highly motivated, engaged and creative architectural graduate to join our design team. As a model maker you have strong design talent and a passion for physical model making which you will use to support the schematic and conceptual design phases by developing design concepts, creating presentation materials and built models as design and presentation tools. This is an extraordinary opportunity to play a significant role on some of the most exciting projects in the country, grounded by our unwavering commitment to design integrity. You will be trained and mentored by experienced architectural professionals and will be part of an innovative and inspiring culture.
Excellence at Henriquez Means…
- You approach situations with innovation and creativity.
- You understand the importance of details but are also a visionary.
- You rise to challenges and view them as opportunities and motivation.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and focus on the path forward.
- You wonder about the future of architecture and are eager to make an impact.
- You are a self-starter who also thrives in a collaborative work environment.
- You are naturally curious and ask questions to continually learn and develop.
Required Skills / Experience / Qualifications
- Passion for building physical models to support the concept and schematic design process through the creation of massing, context, study and presentation models.
- Exceptional design skills with a creative eye for detail.
- Experience with laser cutting, 3D printing and other current model-making techniques, including preparing files and assembling models.
- Knowledge of Rhino, Grasshopper, Revit, SketchUp, Enscape, Adobe Creative Suite and 3D Studio Max.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to create highly detailed conceptual renderings an asset.
- Ability to create innovative ideas in collaboration with others and independently.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Architecture
WELCOMING THE FINEST TALENT
We invite you to submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio through the form below.
Thank you in advance for your response, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.