Henriquez Partners Architects is a Vancouver based boutique design studio that excels at complex mixed-use projects that aspire to integrate poetics and ethics to create inclusive communities. Our mission is grounded in the optimistic belief that architects have a meaningful role in the creation of citizen cities.
Recognized as a “Design Firm to Watch” on Architizer’s A+List for the second year running, we are now looking to expand our team with a Public Relations & Communications Specialist. You are passionate about architecture, and its potential to positively impact liveable, sustainable and inclusive communities. Your aspirations and knowledge of urban matters and engaged communities will guide development and implementation of outreach strategies to capture the media and industry’s attention of the studio’s capabilities and niche expertise. As a strategic and influential storyteller, you have a desire to share and provoke dialogue on meaningful issues.
For the ideal candidate – we offer flexible remote working abilities from within Canada and Globally.
PUBLIC RELATIONS & COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
As a Public Relations and Communications Specialist for Henriquez, you are a dynamic, thoughtful and seasoned expert in all fields of architecture and urban issues. You have a keen aesthetic sensibility, social media savviness and an adaptable writing style – from long format blogs to technical proposals to short social media posts, that will help to tell and share our stories and increase the studio’s visibility and reach nationally and internationally. The main responsibilities of the role include external communication such as press, traditional media, social media, blog style and other copywriting. This position also supports business development and graphic design with a focus on promotional and public relations collateral and ensuring strategic alignment between communications and business development pursuits. As a representative of Henriquez for external communications, you will act as a liaison with Public Relations firms for business development initiatives, build essential relationships with various governing bodies, and craft unique and engaging content across all platforms. You will collaborate closely with the Director of Visual Communications, the Managing Principal, and members of the leadership team. This new role is a strategic yet hands on position with an expectation to execute and produce on a daily basis. This is an extraordinary opportunity to share ideas globally about the potential of architecture to meaningfully shape greater civic engagement and to build inclusive communities – where all belong.
Required Skills / Experience / Qualifications
- 5+ years public relations, communications, or marketing experience in the field of architecture, art, history, urban planning or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations or related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills with an innate ability story-tell (sample writing portfolio required).
- Expert knowledge of the principals, practices, techniques and implementation of social media, client-facing media and marketing.
- Expertise in copy and content writing for various platforms and collateral such as social media, traditional media, press releases, award submissions, website copy, blogs, competitions, RFPs and general business development collateral.
- Ability to both lead and contribute to marketing and brand messaging strategies.
- Resourceful, organized and with a high attention to detail.
- Expert in social media platforms and tools such as Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, HootSuite and Google Analytics.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, Adobe Creative apps, WordPress and other similar graphics and web management tools.
- Experience in design or architecture is a tremendous asset.
IS THIS YOU?
To learn more about our studio we encourage you to visit our website and if you are interested, please submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio through the form below.
Thank you in advance for your response, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.