We have an immediate opening for a Senior Architect with 15+ years of experience in all phases from schematic design to construction administration. The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional with exceptional creativity and superb technical knowledge. The ideal candidate will have experience designing diverse building types, with rezoning, development permit, contract document, and contract administration experience. We require strong leadership skills and an ability to lead a team in commercial office tower, complex institutional, residential and mixed-use projects. Canadian, Vancouver and surrounding area experience and LEED AP credentials are preferred.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Have experience with all phases of design including concept development, design development, working drawings and construction administration.
- Have strong building science and technical skills.
- Be proficient with Revit and/or Vectorworks required, other BIM tools are an asset.
- Maintain effective liaison with contractors, clients and authorities having jurisdiction.
- Be able to manage a team to produce successful design and construction projects.
- Establish and maintain project criteria and communicate it to project teams.
- Have high initiative and be self-motivated.
- Have exceptional communication and leadership skills, which enable you to manage projects with confidence and ease.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have a proven track record of maintaining high quality standards while working to tight deadlines.
- Be comfortable managing multiple projects concurrently (if required).
- Be comfortable participating in business development (if required).
- Possess a Bachelor of Architecture; Master of Architecture (preferred).
- Be registered with the AIBC, or eligible to be registered in the province of British Columbia. LEED AP is an asset.