We are looking for Senior Architects with 15+ years of experience in all phases from schematic design to construction administration. The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional with exceptional creativity and superb technical knowledge. The ideal candidate will have experience designing diverse building types, with rezoning, development permit, contract document, and contract administration experience. We require strong leadership skills and an ability to lead a team in commercial office tower, complex institutional, residential and mixed-use projects. Canadian, Vancouver and surrounding area experience and LEED AP credentials are preferred.
- Work under the supervision of the Associate, Director and/or Principal to ensure designs support project goals.
- Execute and ensure designs follow Henriquez Partners’ level of standards.
- Maintain effective liaison with contractors, clients and authorities having jurisdiction..
- Manage a team to produce successful design and construction projects.
- Establish and maintain project criteria and communicate it to project teams.
- If required, manage multiple projects concurrently.
- If required, participate in business development.
Required Skills / Experience / Qualifications
- Have experience with all phases of design including concept development, design development, working drawings and construction administration.
- Have strong building science and technical skills.
- Be proficient with Revit and/or Vectorworks required, other BIM tools are an asset.
- Have exceptional communication and leadership skills, which enable you to manage projects with confidence and ease.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have a proven track record of maintaining high quality standards while working to tight deadlines.
- Possess a Bachelor of Architecture; Master of Architecture (preferred).
- Be registered with the AIBC, or eligible to be registered in the province of British Columbia. LEED AP is an asset.