We have an immediate opening for a Senior Architect with 15 + years of experience in construction administration for complex mixed use residential developments. The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional extensive experience in contract documentation and contract administration in Vancouver or British Columbia. We require strong leadership skills and an ability to lead a team in commercial office tower, complex institutional, residential and mixed-use projects. Applicants must be registered with the AIBC, or eligible to be registered in the province of British Columbia.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Have at least 10 years in construction and contract administration for complex mixed use residential developments.
- Proficient with Vectorworks (preferred) or REVIT.
- Maintain effective liaison with contractors, clients and authorities having jurisdiction.
- Conduct on-site visits to review compliance with contract documents; to observe and report on work in progress; preparation of Field Reviews.
- Respond to Contractor RFI’s, issue SIs and perform submittal reviews.
- Chair and prepare minutes for all construction progress meetings.
- Maintain up to date project records.
- Establish and maintain project criteria and communicate it to project teams.
- Have exceptional technical, communication and leadership skills, which enable you to manage projects with confidence and ease.
- Have knowledge of applicable building codes /standards and a proven work history working with construction documents.
- Be comfortable managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have a proven track record of maintaining high quality standards while working to tight deadlines.
- Be organized and give strict attention to detail and be a good troubleshooter and problem solver who works well under pressure with a can-do attitude.
- Have high initiative and be self-motivated.
- Possess a Bachelor of Architecture; Master of Architecture (preferred).
Please submit your resume and portfolio to Carmen Wong.