We are looking for a Senior Architect with 12+ years of experience, with a minimum of 5 years local experience in construction administration for complex mixed-use residential developments. The ideal candidate is professional with extensive experience in contract documentation and contract administration in Vancouver or British Columbia. We require strong leadership skills and an ability to lead a team in commercial office tower, complex institutional, residential and mixed-use projects. Applicants must be registered with the AIBC, or eligible to be registered in the province of British Columbia.
- Work closely with the Director of Construction Administration.
- Maintain effective liaison with contractors, clients and authorities having jurisdiction.
- Conduct on-site visits to review compliance with contract documents; to observe and report on work in progress; preparation of Field Reviews.
- Respond to Contractor RFI’s, issue SI’s and perform submittal reviews.
- Chair and prepare minutes for all construction progress meetings.
- Maintain up-to-date project records.
- Establish and maintain project criteria and communicate it to project teams.
Required Skills / Experience / Qualifications
- Have at least 12 years’ experience, with a minimum of 5 years in local construction and contract administration for complex mixed-use residential developments.
- Be proficient with Vectorworks or REVIT.
- Have exceptional technical, communication and leadership skills, which enable you to manage projects with confidence and ease.
- Have knowledge of applicable building codes/standards and a proven work history working with construction documents.
- Be comfortable managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have a proven track record of maintaining high quality standards while working to tight deadlines.
- Be organized and give strict attention to detail and be a good troubleshooter and problem solver who works well under pressure with a can-do attitude.
- Have high initiative and be self-motivated.
- Possess a minimum Bachelor of Architecture.