Henriquez Partners Architects is a Vancouver-based boutique design studio that excels at complex mixed-use projects that aspire to integrate poetics and ethics to create inclusive communities. Our mission is grounded in the optimistic belief that architects have a meaningful role in the creation of citizen cities.
We are a mid-sized studio with a diverse, collaborative and talented team of 60+ individuals from over 30 countries. We are values driven and proud of our studio culture which has garnered recognition as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in 2020. At Henriquez you will find career growth, professional engagement through research and innovation…and of course, time to have fun!
Recognized as a “Design Firm to Watch” on Architizer’s A+ list for the second year running, we are now looking to expand our team with talented designers and thought leaders.
SENIOR DESIGNER – Interior Architecture
As a Senior Designer with a passion for Interior Architecture, you are a self-motivated individual with 7+ years of local experience in all project phases, and knowledgeable with space planning including suite distribution, suite layouts, public spaces and amenities. You have previous experience in high-end multifamily and mixed-use interior design projects including sourcing, selecting, and specifying furniture, finishing and equipment. Your comprehensive knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in the construction of building interiors will help guide you to achieve design concepts with minimal direction. Reporting directly to the Architectural Project Managers, you will assist with consultant coordination, coordinate interior design specifications, prepare material boards that convey the design intent, and undertake the development of technical and design solutions that meet or exceed the clients’ goals and objectives. When required, you will attend on-site visits and field reviews and complete site deficiency reviews and installation inspections. This is an extraordinary opportunity to play a significant role on some of the most exciting projects in the country and be part of an innovative and inspiring culture.
Excellence at Henriquez Means…
- You approach situations with innovation and creativity.
- You understand the importance of details but are also a visionary.
- You rise to challenges and view them as opportunities and motivation.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and focus on the path forward.
- You wonder about the future of Architecture and are eager to make an impact.
- You are a self-starter who also thrives in a collaborative work environment.
- You are naturally curious and ask questions to continually learn and develop.
Required Skills / Experience / Qualifications
- Degree in Architecture with over 7+ years’ experience. Degree or Diploma in Interior Design an asset.
- Knowledge of VBBL or BC Building Code.
- LEED accreditation preferred by not required.
- Possess strong conceptual design and presentation skills through hand sketching or the use of 3D models, renderings, or CAD drawings.
- Build and maintain relationships with product representatives.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to maintain high-quality standards while working to tight deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to create innovative ideas in collaboration with others and independently.
- Expertise in Revit, VectorWorks, SketchUp, InDesign, Rhino, Enscape, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
IS THIS YOU?
To learn more about our studio we encourage you to visit our website and if you are interested, please submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio through the form below.
Thank you in advance for your response, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.