Joyce is a Platinum Winner for Architecture + Colour in the 2022 Grands Prix du Design Awards. It also received a Gold Certification in the Residential Building / Apartment & Condo ≥ 10 Storeys category.
Joyce is a 30-storey residential tower that celebrates the multicultural character of its surrounding neighbourhood with a façade featuring overlapping patterns of coloured glass. It also draws inspiration from Still Creek, a local body of water which is the only remaining exposed creek in Vancouver. Echoing its sinuous form, the large-scale expression of the creek’s outline in the building façade creates a powerful homage to this natural landmark.
Additional Henriquez projects that garnered 2022 Grands Prix du Design wins include:
Grand Prix Winner: Architecture – Oakridge Redevelopment
- Oakridge: Architecture & Landscape
- Oakridge: Commercial Building / Mixed-Use Building
- Pendrell: Residential Building / Apartment & Condo ≥ 10 Storeys
- Zephyr: Residential Building / Apartment & Condo ≥ 10 Storeys
- Zephyr: Commercial Building / Mixed-Use Building
- Mirvish Village: Commercial Building / Mixed-Use Building
- Prototype (M5): Concept & Unbuilt
- GHETTO: Concept & Unbuilt